The Canadian Capital Stewardship Network’s Proxy Bulletin: Decent Work Proxy Vote Recommendations for the 2021 AGM Season
This proxy season, Canadian investors can use their voting rights to press portfolio companies on workers’ rights issues such as poor health and safety standards, precarious working conditions and racial discrimination in the workplace.
The Canadian Capital Stewardship Network (CCSN) is calling on Canadian trustees to encourage their managers to support vote recommendations in our 2021 Proxy Bulletin for information on shareholder proposals on:
- Workforce risks and racial justice at Amazon.com (AMZN);
- Human capital disclosure at Chartwell Retirement Residences (CSH.UN);
- Human rights risks with third-party staffing agencies at Dollarama Inc. (DOL);
- Indigenous reconciliation at TMX Group (X);
- Racial justice and starting wages at Walmart Inc. (WMT); and
- Balancing stakeholder interests during the pandemic at Loblaw Companies Limited (L).
Investors are also encouraged to withhold votes (vote against) for the re-election of Michael D. Harris as Director at Chartwell Retirement Residences (CSH.UN).
Click here to read the 2021 CCSN Proxy Bulletin